Silestone Care and Maintenance Guide
Regular Cleaning and Maintenance
Silestone® and ECO Line Colour Series are low porous surfaces and therefore highly resistant to everyday domestic stains. For regular cleaning of Silestone® or ECO Line Colour Series surfaces, Cosentino S.A. recommends you use Q-Action. If Q-Action is not available, water and mild/neutral soap is the best option for regular cleaning.
Cleaning Stubborn Stains
The following are some of the actions to be carried out for stubborn stains that have built up over time:
Apply Q-Action to the stain and leave for 2 minutes then gently scrub with a soﬅ scouring pad (normally supplied for ceramic hobs) until it disappears. Rinse immediately with water and dry. If Q-Action is not available, use CIF Original Cream in the same way.
Limescale (Glass Marks)
Pour an anti-limescale product (like Viakal or similar) onto the surface and leave to act for 1 min. Rinse with plenty of water and dry. Follow the instructions recommended by the manufacturer. Do not use on any products (taps, sink, etc) other than the worktop itself as it might damage their finish.
Silicone and Putty Marks
Using a blunt spatula and CleanColorsil or Solvent based silicon remover (that does not contain dichloromethane) gently scrub with a soﬅ scouring pad (for ceramic hobs). Then rinse with plenty of water and dry. We recommend that the marks are removed at the time of installation.
For difficult stains, pour Q-Action (or CIF Original Cream) onto the affected area leaving it to act for 2 mins. Next gently scrub with a soﬅ scouring pad (for ceramic hobs), rinse with plenty of water and dry.
Reaction to Knocks
One of the characteristics that makes these surfaces stand out is their high resistance to knocks. However, avoid striking areas of the surface that due to the fabrication of design, may be slightly weaker (pointed corners, fine edges, etc.).
Suede, Leather Finish and Volcano Texture Counter Top Cleaning
For the regular cleaning of these surfaces with unpolished textures, Cosentino recommends the use of Q-Action or water and mild soap. For stubborn stains use a non-scratch scouring pad without applying too much force. These textures are rougher and therefore more susceptible to marks making them high maintenance surfaces.
Reaction to Heat
Aﬅer using kitchen utensils such as frying pans, saucepans, etc, do not place them directly on the surface. Leave them on top of a tablemat (if possible with rubber support) to cool down. The reasoning behind this is that the thermal shock caused by the difference in temperature (cold/hot) could damage the surface.
- Do not place outdoors or anywhere exposed to direct UV rays.
- Do not place objects recently removed from the heat directly on the surface, use a tablemat/pan stand or similar.
- Do not use repellents, sealants, polish, etc.
- Do not polish.
- Do not use paint strippers, caustic soda, or products with a ph of more than 10. If bleach or solvent is used, it should be diluted with water and never leﬅ in permanent contact with the product. Avoid all chlorine based products and any contact with Fluorhydric acid.
- Do not use degreasing agents with a high mineral content or highly vigorous products.
- Avoiding using metallic scouring pads.
- The use of this type of product can lead to the loss of the product guarantee.
- Examples of products that should not be used on Silestone® and ECO Line Colour Series surfaces: Paint strippers, brush or metal cleaning products, oven cleaning products, methylene chloride cleaning products, acids for unblocking drains, nail polish remover with acetone, etc.
- If any of these products are ever spilled onto the surface, remove as soon as possible using plenty water and mild soap.