Please note that this information is the latest available from our various material suppliers and is subject to change without notice.
- Granite, Marble & Reconstituted stone
Natural stone & Caesarstone, Silestone, Smartstone Quantum Quartz etc
(nominal 20mm slabs with 20mm edge or mitred/laminated apron/edge profile):
- </= 150mm overhang with no support in 20mm material is permitted to allow a 20mm finished edge; for overhangs over 150mm, substrates are required
- Extra support rails on edges adjacent to underbench ovens, sinks and dishwashers required.
- Up to 300mm overhang without additional support (18mm substrates sufficient) at </= 600mm spacing.
- Over 300mm overhang, brackets, legs or metal frame required to support substrates
- A minimum of 80mm is required between the front of the bench top edge and cut outs such as sinks or hotplates. A minimum of 50mm is required from the rear of the bench top to cut outs. A minimum of 35mm is required between sink and tap cut outs.
- Porcelain 12mm panels
DEKTON, INFINITY, LAMINAM , NEOLITH & QUANTUM SIX+ 12mm
- 12mm panels require full 18mm substrates. 40mm mitred edges require 26mm substrates.
- </= 150mm overhang with no support is permitted in 12mm material to allow a finished 12mm edge; for overhangs over 150mm, substrates are required.
- For 40mm mitred edges, substrates will need to be 8mm thicker than usual, ie: 26mm substrates in lieu of 18mm.
- A minimum distance of 50mm must be kept from each cut out; ie: from edge to cut out and between cut outs.
- Under mount sink cut outs should be the same size as the sink or rebated – ie: material not overhanging.
- Drainage Grooves, Drainage Sections and Flush Mounting for appliances are not possible.
- Porcelain 5, 6 or 8mm panels
- ONLY TO BE USED FOR SPLASHBACKS or other vertical surfaces.
- Not suitable for bench top applications.
- Porcelain 20mm panels
- 20mm panels do not require substrates; however, back to front supports must be fabricated every 600mm and installed along the perimeter of cut outs larger than 600mm.
- Standard overhang for 20mm is 300mm. Additional support in the form of MDF substrates (or similar) will be required for overhangs greater than 300mm
- A minimum distance of 50mm must be kept from each cutout; ie: from edge to cut out and between cut outs.
- Under mount sink cut outs should not overhang sinks – rebated or level with the sink is preferred.
- Drainage Grooves and Drainage Sections are possible but must be kept to a minimum of 25% of the material; ie: maximum 5mm in 20 mm material
- Flush mounting of Hot Plates is possible, but it should be noted that the cut out will have rounded corners – not square as per the outline of most appliances.